Here is something that we are excited about. Dinner and dessert plates with our character icons. With crisp appeal and a touch of "homey modern" these plates are work horses for your daily routine. 7"sq.
With your new cheerful plate, let us treat you to a recipe to fill it. Recipe is sized for a crowd. Hobo bread is available in the web store under Food: Signature Pantry.
Hobo Bread Pudding
1 standard casserole dish
• 2 large hobo bread loaves
• ¼ cup granulated sugar
• 6 eggs whipped
• 1½ cups milk
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ cup dried cherries
• 2 cups heavy cream
• ½ cup oatmeal
• ¼ cup cinnamon and sugar mixed
1. Cut the bread into 1inch x 1 inch pieces and place into a buttered casserole dish.
2. Warm the milk.
3. Whip eggs, sugar, and cinnamon, add the milk and pour over the bread.
4. Sprinkle the dried cherries on top and pour over the heavy cream.
5. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Sprinkle the top with oatmeal and cinnamon/sugar mixture.
7. Cover and bake for 350°F for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or custard sauce.