For those fans that have asked us to add another type of the drinking vinegar selection, we offer this combination that you are sure to love and experiment with. Beyond crafting cocktails and exploring marinades we offer a gourmet recipe for your family (below). You will find that vinegar adds a complementary richness to the flavor of the food. For more interesting recipes from McClary’s and their fans, explore recipes on their web site. This mini trial of three- 4oz. flavored vinegars- was selected by popularity: Michigan Saskatoon, Michigan Apple Pie and Michigan Cranberry. Get creative, experiment and enjoy. Made in Detroit, USA.
Saskatoon Chicken Salad
- 4 to 5 chicken breast halves grilled and cooled
- 1.5 cups mayo
- 1/2 cup MI Saskatoon Drinking Vinegar
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 whole green onions (chopped)
- 2.5 cups of red or green grapes (halved)
- Fresh minced dill
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 2 T of light brown sugar
Season chicken breast halves with salt pepper and garlic powder. Grill chicken. Allow to cool. Mix mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and brown sugar. Add minced dill and gently mix.
Roughly chop the chicken to bite size pieces. Add chopped celery, green onions and grapes. Mix in the dressing until everything is well coated. Serve on Kaiser rolls or pita bread.
Chicken & Basil Noodles
- 1 package of Thai style rice noodles
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T honey
- 1/4 cup McClary Bros. Michigan Apple Pie Drinking Vinegar
- 1 heaping handful of fresh basil, torn
- Salt and pepper
Cook noodles according to package. In a wok using high heat, heat sesame oil. Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Add soy sauce, honey and vinegar and stir well, covering the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high heat until liquid thickens, about 6-10 minutes. Add rice noodles, toss well. Remove from heat. Mix in torn basil. Enjoy.